List of "combination" of factors immigration officer considers when demonstrating your establishment in Canada.
1) The duration of your stay in Canada. The longer the years of your stay in Canada, the better. However, there are exceptions to this rule in certain situation.
2) List and present evidence of things you have accomplished in Canada that is of benefit to yourself and to Canada as a whole. For example, did you complete your university education in Canada ? This accomplishment would immensely benefit Canada and the economy in the long run.
Another example could be that you brought a house or started a business that you are able to employ Canadians . This is would be seen as a huge benefit to Canada and economy.
3) You need to provide evidence that demonstrates that you have integrated into society ( especially in the area you reside). The way to demonstrate this is to provide letter from all friends you have been able to make in your area. It can be letter from your neighbors, landlord , co-workers at work, letter from charity organizations you have volunteered with in the area you live, letter from church or Mosque religious leader....the letter MUST state their relationship with you and how long they have known you for.
Pls, ensure that if any letter coming from friends, neighbors in the area you live in should ONLY com from people with Canadian citizenship or PR...avoid using anybody on visa. .... secondly, attach a copy of their official ID to each letter such as Driver license, OR PR card or Passport. This is very important because it add lot of CREDIBILITY to each letter....lastly, make sure you take pictures with each person writing this letter for you. Let the picture show activities you doing with each other.
If the letter will be coming from institution like your work place, or church or mosque or charity organization in your area, ensure the letter is on a LETTER HEAD PAPER..very important....they need to state how long they know you.and what you have done aka duties for them.
4) In the area you live, there are ICONIC BUILDINGS or locations that are like tourist buildings /areas . For example, the local government buildings, museum buildings, MP office, and any place that you know is a ICONIC place in that area. Take pictures of yourself in those locations.... On each pictures, describe the place so that immigration officer can know more about your community....
These move help to demonstrate to an immigration officer that you know a lot about your community and it's history.
5) Provide evidence of all your tax return in your application. This demonstrate that you have been contributing to the Canadian economy since you have been to Canada.... pls, ensure you provide all the copy of all tax assessment copy since you have been in Canada.
6) Are there projects you have done for your community ? If so, provide the evidence . In my case, as a computer science and math graduate from a Canadian university, I provided evidence of all the IT projects I have done for all the local business in my area. They all wrote me very good supporting letter that I am a good person and that they will like me to remain in Canada PERMANENTLY and that I have contributed a lot to their business . Keep in mind that people depend so much on these businesses in my community. For example, I created an ecommerce website for them during the pandemic since they were not getting customers come into their stores due to lock down.
7). Submit evidence of your criminal record to your application....if you have NO criminal record, It demonstrates that you are a good person who deserves to be part of the Canadian society.
8)...This is very important
When you have your friends and neighbors writing you a supporting letter, the core thing an immigration officer is looking for in all of those letter is IF WHETHER YOU HAVE ESTABLISHED A STRONG BOND ALL OF THEM.....
This is why it is important they state that they have a strong bond with you and that you have been of great help to them and that there is nobody to help them other than YOU and that if ask to go back your country, there will be nobody available to help them and they will become vulnerable.
In my case, one of my neighbor happen to be a senior. He is in his 70s. He wrote that I have been helping him when he needed help such as helping him run errands, taking him for medical appointments, helping clean his apartment. He stated that he too frail to do all this thing's that he needs me around. He said he have known for about 7years and have MAINTAINED A STRONG BOND with me and that if immigration ask me to go back my to my country, he would not be able to do all things by himself.Hence , leaving him venerable in the community. I took pictures with him while wee were eating, while we went out etc.
Above are combination of way you can demonstrate your establishment in Canada to an immigration officer.
Always remember, anything you claim, Always back up with evidence no matter how little it is. It adds credibility to any your say.
It is important NOT to do this when demonstrating establishment in Canada. ( PARTICULARLY FOR 1ST STAGE OF YOUR APPLICATION)
1) Do NOT submit a copy of your bank account statement showing Large amount of money in it for the FIRST STAGE of your application. .....trust me , am talking from personal experience. I learnt the hard way about this.
The immigration officer would argue that since you have lot of money in your account, you could as well use that money to ESTABLISH yourself in your home country.....Yes, the officer that worked in my application said this . What I had to do is take out all the money in my bank account and leave just about 1000 dollars in it. I stated that I am fast running out of money and that I have no means to establish myself in my home country and that REMAINING PERMANENTLY in Canada is my last hope of survival.
It is important to note that h and c application is about you demonstrating that CIRCUMSTANCE BEYOND YOUR CONTROL IS REASON WHY YOU Want TO REMAIN PERMANENTLY IN CANADA...You don't want to give them impression that you are rich or have so much money. If not, they will ask you to use your money to establish yourself in your country.